Renting used wedding dresses is becoming a popular choice among brides-to-be today for varying reasons. Are you a bride who is still undecided if renting is the best way for you? Then let this Sydney Civil Marriage Celebrant post help you weigh your options.
Used Wedding Dresses: Advantages
Countless TV shows and movies already made us aware of the fact that wedding dresses carry a hefty price tag. In fact, one of the biggest chunk in any wedding budget usually goes to the bridal gown. So what’s a girl to do? Rent!
Below are the pros to renting used wedding dresses:
- You will be saving a lot. Did you know that an average cost of a wedding dress in 2014 is over $1000? Instead of spending this huge amount on just one dress, couples prefer to shell out this kind of money on their wedding venue and decor instead. If you know how to scour wedding rentals, you will find dresses for as low as $100. Unbelievable, right?
- You can wear designer pieces. What girl does not want to wear a Vera Wang on her wedding day? Probably a crazy one. Fortunately, you can borrow chic designer labels and finally fulfill your dream of wearing something from that designer for a fraction of a cost. This awesome advantage makes used wedding dresses irresistible to some.
- All it takes is wash and wear. After you wear your dress, all you need to do is wash it and return it to the rental store. You don’t have to worry about how to store your dress so it doesn’t get ruined. It’s really a convenient choice.
- You can even rent accessories. Do you think you can rock a tiara on your big day but don’t have the extra budget? You can borrow accessories as well to match your dress. In addition to that, you can borrow dresses for your MOH and bridesmaids too. Talk about one stop shop.
Used Wedding Dresses: Disadvantages
Renting used wedding dresses, no matter how convenient, has its own drawbacks as well. They are listed below:
- You will feel restrained. You have to be cautious about your dress as it might rip or be damaged. Your dress should be returned in mint condition or you will pay charges (this depends on your contract though). but if you are a graceful lady, you don’t have to worry about this.
- You are missing out on the experience of buying a dress with your mom or best friend. Ladies fancy or daydream about wedding gown shopping with the most important people in their lives. Rentals just don’t provide the same experience.
- You can’t pass on the dress to future generations. Since it’s a rental, you can’t give it away to your daughter or close relative.
- You need to be careful before signing the contract. Thoroughly read the content of your fine print prior to signing the document. Ask about any security deposits or any extra charges in case problems about the used wedding dresses arise. In addition to that, you also need to take note of the return date and never miss it.
So do you think renting used wedding dresses is for you? If yes, start searching for the best bridal gown rentals today. Happy gown hunting.